Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gmail Goggles

When I first discovered Gmail Labs, I went a little overboard and enabled every feature they offered without fully exploring them. I was more than a little surprised when I tried to send an email tonight (um, this morning) and encountered a little roadblock... a pop-up with a few little math problems and 60 seconds to solve them if I wanted my email to send!









Ok, now I get it... Mail Goggles - very clever! And effective.  I'm not drunk, just working late and tired and I actually had to use my desktop calculator to solve the problems in 60 seconds. If I were drunk I feel certain I would have given up and gone to bed and written a letter of thanks to the developers in the morning when I woke up to the count down on my Gmail.

And if at first you don't succeed, it just gives you new problems. And some gentle criticism. I may leave it up and see if the comments get progressively worse: "Go to bed you drunk, idiot!"









Now that I'm thinking about it, this would be a great feature to add the the Google Phone for text messages - no more TWI!

read more | digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment